It was in 1958 that Mr Albert Waxman founded A Waxman (Fibres) Ltd, a synthetic fibre merchanting company based in Bradford. So successful was he, that just 8 years later, he bought the Grove Mills site in Elland - still home to the Waxman Group today.
Albert's son Richard joined the business in 1976 and soon made his mark by forming Waxman International, distributing Kanecaron modacrylic fibres from Japan's Kaneka Corporation. These fibres are used in high pile (faux fur) products and Richard built the business to incorporate distribution rights for the whole of Europe.
In 1981 the company diversified and began importing mosaic tiles from Japan, Waxman Mosaics quickly became the largest importer of mosaic tiles in the UK, and continued to add new and exciting ranges of mosaic tiles to the collection.
In the late 80's larger format tiles were introduced and shortly after the name was changed to Waxman Ceramics.
Today Waxman Ceramics is one of the UK's leading distributers of tiles and mosaic encompassing ceramic, porcelain, glass and natural stone.